My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Under the bus

This weekend I learned:
  • Always check your sources. It doesn't matter how well you know and trust the source. The fact is they may not check their sources. The wall in the Chicago News Bureau used to read, "If your mother tells you she loves you, check it out." I need to adopt that way of thinking, even in my personal life.  
  • The last couple generations have no concept of what freedom means in this country. Nor do they even remotely grasp dangers of forcing people into silence when their words do not toe the politically correct line. To the last couple of generations these are all concepts adjustable to fit the current circumstances. I attribute this to the fact these last few generations have never been in any real danger of loosing any of those freedoms. Most of these are the same people that believe the constitution is a living document.
  • The politically correct crowd hijacked the word "lynch", limiting its use to racial attacks only. Merriam is going to need to update her dictionary.
  • I really need to get over the personality defect that compels me to jump in with both feet, ready to go to war whenever and where ever I think someone is being bullied. This is doubly so when someone I care about is the apparent victim.
  • No good deed goes unpunished.

In the mean time, if anyone needs me I can be found under the back wheels of the bus.

- 30 -

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up.
- Martin Niemöller

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home