My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Creator of Rocky and Bullwinkle Passes

In 1959, Rocket J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle J. Moose made their network television premier on ABC. For the next seven years, "Moose and Squirrel" entertained millions, thwarting Boris and Natasha, delivering Fractured Fairytales and traveling through history via the WABAK (WAY-back) with Peabody and Sherman.

As a youngster much of the humor went over my head. 15 years later as an adult I rediscovered the series and never laughed so hard. The show was written for adults too. To this day Rocky and Bullwinkle still brings my channel surfing to a halt.

Rocky, Bullwinkle and Dudley originally came from the imagination of Alex Anderson. Anderson died last Friday at the age of 90. He left a legacy of hundreds of millions who all got a laugh from his work. There is almost no one of my generation that doesn't know who Dudley Do-right is.

Thanks Alex. You and Jay Ward brought smiles to more then you can ever know. It was a little taste of home in bad place far, far away.

-30-

"Hey Rocky, wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?"
- Bullwinkle J. Moose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home