My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So you crash your bike on April Fool's Day…

Ft. Pierce, FL - Today, while sitting at a light near Port Charlotte, FL a motorcycle went down about half a block down the street from me. My view was blocked so that I only saw the bike and rider spill. I'm told he swerved to avoid hitting a car that pulled out of a convenience store. I pulled over to render aid, but the rider refused any help. At least until the police officer strongly suggested he let the paramedics have a look at him.

What made this more interesting then your basic accident was the fact it occurred on April Fool's Day. The lengths he went through while using a cell phone to attempt to persuade his wife that he was not playing an April Fool's joke on her would have been comical under different circumstances. She finally began to believe after a friend of his stopped to help and talked to her on the phone. The clamor of approaching sirens probably helped the cause as well.

She became a full believer once she arrived on scene.

You got to love it.

- 30 -

"This is not an April Fool's joke. I really crashed my bike."
- The guy that wrecked his bike.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home