My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Flag@whitehouse.gov

This morning's Fox News ran a piece about the White House asking for people to e-mail any "fishy" they get in e-mails or overhear in conversation. I found the blog post. Allow me to quote:

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care.  These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation.  Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.
The White House Blog: Facts Are Stubborn Things

So all you people that disagree with me, here's your chance. Once again that address is flag@whitehouse.gov. You can tell the president himself that I am a mean spirited naysayer.

Sadly it won't change anything. He and his plans will still be wrong for our nation, but at least he'll know people are talking about it.

In the mean time, I'm going to e-mail a link to that YouTube video Linda Douglass made about keeping your existing health insurance. That is one of the fishiest things I've seen on health care in the last couple weeks. 

-30-

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.
- Martin Niemoeller (1892-1984)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home