My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"I've got some good news and I've got some bad news..."

Sometime in 1980s a meeting of the entire 60 Minutes staff was held. With corporate and network Gods looking on, 60 minutes executive producer Don Hewitt addressed the gathering. He used words to the effect of, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that for the first time in television history a network television news program made profit. The bad news is that for the first time in television history a network news program made a profit. The show is 60 minutes and from now on television news will never be the same."

Don taught the rest of us how to do it. That is only right because he is the one that figured it all out in the first place.

Thanks for all you did Don. You take my undying respect to the grave with you.

-30-

I plan to die at my desk.
- Don Hewitt

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home