My Photo
Name:
Location: Sitting inside a TV truck, Somewhere, more then likely in the Southeastern region, United States

I am a grouchy, bald headed old fart filled with opinions and not the least bit shy about sharing them.

Monday, May 17, 2010

A note to the LJ troll…

Washington, DC - Greetings who ever you are. Your hateful, racially charged, sexual slur, fire and brimstone laden comments are not going to make it passed the screening process here. Sorry about that, but is just the way it is. My blog, my rules.

As a rule the restrictions on what I allow to be said here about the subject at hand and myself are pretty loose. If you scroll backwards you will find that you are not the first person to chastise me over words written in these pages.

I understood from your first comment that you were not happy with the outcome of Mr. Watts' sentencing. It is crystal clear that you vehemently disagree with my view on the matter as a whole. But rather then rename myself and others using words and terms designed to inflame what about debating the substance of your argument?

Rather then suggest that I am gay who has had intercourse with his mother and probably every living same sex Canadian, how about telling me why you think I'm wrong and you are right? All you need do is make a logical argument with out all the foul language and I will be happy to post it.

I think Mr. Watts paid a terrible price for a remarkably insignificant event. He laid out roughly $60,000 defending himself. He cannot enter the United States again for at least five years, if ever again. Other nations may choose not to allow Mr. Watts to enter based on this US conviction. This mess could seriously cut into his career because personal appearances are a big part of making book sales for a writer. His reputation has been dragged through the mud where ever his name came up on line and in person. That doesn't begin to take into account the stress of the actual event and going to trial and sentencing.

After filtering out all your cussing and name calling, it is clear you think Mr. Watts got off Scott free, fine not withstanding. Each and every one of your eleven (and counting) deleted comments indicate that you think Mr. Watts should, at the very least, should be doing some serious time at hard labor. You also suggest that I am the "biggest bleeding heart mother****ing liberal pig in disguise" that ever lived short of President Obama.

Ok, that's your opinion. How about dropping all the vehemence, name calling and wrath of God stuff? If you do that and argue your points with just a little logic I will happily allow your comment to post.

But eleven comments, all just like that? Haven't you got anything better to do?

-30-

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
- Wayne Dyer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home